MEET THE MIMI BEHIND THE BLOG:
My family is the most important part of my life, and the best part of me. I love them all dearly. I built this blog because I feel being a grandparent is a truly special and blessed experience. You get to enjoy the joys of parenting all over again, but with the added bonus of having the wisdom and experience to make it even more enjoyable. However, being a grandparent is not just about being there for your grandkids, or being there to “baby-sit”, but about being an intentional purposeful grandparent. It’s about making a conscious effort to be an active and involved part of your grandkids’ lives, and to make them feel loved, safe, and valued.
One way to be an intentional grandparent is by spending quality time with your grandkids. This can be done in many ways, whether it be a picnic in the backyard, an adventurous hike, or simply playing games and doing arts and crafts together. The key is to get on their level and engage in activities that they enjoy and that will bring you closer together.
Another important aspect of being an intentional grandparent is communication. Take the time to talk to your grandkids and get to know them on a deeper level. Ask them about their interests, their thoughts and feelings, and what they enjoy doing. This will help you to understand them better and to be a more supportive and involved grandparent.
Arts and crafts are a great way to spend quality time with your grandkids and to encourage their creativity and imagination. Whether it’s painting, drawing, or building something together, the possibilities are endless. Arts and crafts also provide a fun and interactive way to bond with your grandkids and to help them develop important life skills.
These are some ways that I hope my website can help and guide you in having fun with your grandkids! So let’s be intentional and purposeful grandparents! Our grandkids (and kids) will thank us for it someday.
I have a wonderful husband of 39 years, Jack, and three daughters, Jaqi, Jessica, and Jamie, and one son, Johnny. I also have three granddaughters and one grandson, named Amelia, Emma, Addie, and Noah. Noah and Emma are twins!
Spending time doing crafts and activities and playing games with my sweet grand children are some of my favorite things to do! I’m forever thinking of new arts and crafts projects to do with my grandkids, thinking of ideas we can do outside, and just simple and natural ways they can observe and learn, just like I did with my children when they were younger. I love being a mom, and now I love being a grand mom (mimi). I am so blessed.
I LOVE to sew! I could sew day and night! My favorite projects to sew are costumes! I plan on teaching all my grandkids to sew when they are old enough!
My other blog is LoveToSewStudio.com. I have been teaching kids and adults to sew for 22 years in a studio attached to my home.
I grew up all over the United States and Canada and went to eight different schools, so I was constantly having to make new friends. I am one of five children, and I have two brothers and two sisters. Growing up, my family was heavily involved in foster care and we ended up adopting my two sisters.
I share my crafts and activities I did with my children when they were younger, and the crafts I do now with my grandchildren, to help those who may struggle with the creative end of crafting. I want to help you be a creative grandparent with a purpose.
FUN TRUE FACTS ABOUT ME:
- Actor Woody Harrelson stepped on the back of my gown at Paramount Studios when I was there for a formal event. When I turned around he apologized, and talk to me and my niece Kelly for about 15 minutes. He even sang us his “Kelly, Kelly, Kelly” song that he sang on “Cheers” to his “girlfriend” Kelly when he forgot to get her a birthday present. Super nice guy!
- In the early 80s, I reigned as Miss Pennsylvania in the second-largest beauty pageant to Miss America.
- I play the piano and harp.
- I have been a GPK (Grandparent Preacher’s Kid) my whole life, and in 2002 I became a PK (Preacher’s Kid) when my father became a pastor later in his life.
- I was asked to audition for the movie Transformers 2 when my daughter was auditioning for a part. They just about ignored her and turned to me and ask if I would go into another room to audition because they were looking for professors for a scene. They kept asking me, but I said no several times, I was too shy!
- At Christmas time you will find 8-12 decorated themed Christmas trees throughout my home. I love to decorate for all the holidays!
- I love the holidays and over-do them in every possible way; decorating, parties, costumes, and food. (I can’t help myself.)
Thanks for stopping by,